Onion - Red Burgundy
Packed in Resealable Long Life Mylar
Moisture Proof Packets
10+ Year Survival Seed Viability
- Category: Vegetable
- Type: Onion
- Variety: Red Burgundy
- Family: Amaryllidaceae
- Botanical Name: Allium cepa
- Hardiness Zones: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
- Growing Difficulty: 4
- Soil PH: 6.0 to 7.5
- Fertilizer Requirements: Nitrogen
- Soil Type: Rich, Moist, Well-Draining
- Germination (days): 7 to 14
- Soil Temp for Germination: 65-70°F
- Lighting Conditions: FULL SUN
- Days to Maturity: 100 – 105
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Distance Apart (in row): 4"
- Row Spacing: 12-18"
DIRECT SOW BUNCHING ONIONS WHEN SOIL TEMPS ARE ABOVE 60°F
8-10 WEEKS BEFORE LAST FROST
When planting indoors, cover your flats with plastic to retain moisture and place in temperatures of 65-70°F for best germination.
Transplant to a 2-inch depth at about 4-6 inches apart. Clip the tops to 3 inches.
The Red Burgundy Onion is excellent when used fresh in Italian salads or other even stir fried.
Harvest by pulling bulbs out of ground when the tops are brown and dry.
Allow Onion to fully mature. Allow the stalks to turn brown and dry before clipping a few inches below the head. Store heads in a paper bag for several weeks. Shake the bag vigorously to help separate seeds.
Remove seeds and store properly until next growing season.