Cucumber - Straight 8
Packed in Resealable Long Life Mylar
Moisture Proof Packets
10+ Year Survival Seed Viability
- Category: Vegetable
- Type: Cucumber
- Variety: Straight 8
- Family: Cucurbitaceae
- Botanical Name: Cucumis sativus
- Hardiness Zones: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- Growing Difficulty: 3
- Soil PH: 6.0 to 6.8
- Fertilizer Requirements: 18-16-36
- Soil Type: Rich, Moist, Well-Draining
- Germination (days): 7 to 14
- Soil Temp for Germination: 70°F
- Lighting Conditions: FULL SUN
- Days to Maturity: 50 – 60
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Distance Apart (in row): 24-36"
- Row Spacing: 60-72"
DIRECT SOW IN FULL SUN WHEN SOIL TEMPS ARE ABOVE 65°F
DO NOT START INDOORS
Direct sow your cucumbers into the garden and plant every three weeks until midsummer for a harvesting crop that lasts all season.
Cucumbers can be abundant, so spreading your crop out makes for a steady harvest.
Use fresh or in any dish that calls for cucumbers.
Straight 8 Cucumbers are best harvested before fully matured. You will find that they are tender and have the most flavor before their seeds are allowed to fully develop. Pick your Straight 8 Cucumbers when they are about 6 to 8 inches long.
It is recommended to choose your best plants and most mature cucumbers to save your seeds from.
The seeds inside the cucumber should be harvested and let to dry and harden for a few weeks before safely storing.