Packed in Resealable Long Life Mylar
Moisture Proof Packets
10+ Year Survival Seed Viability
- Category: Flower
- Type: Cosmos
- Variety: Bright Lights
- Family: Cosmos sulphureus
- Botanical Name: Sulfur cosmos
- Hardiness Zones: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
- Growing Difficulty: 2
- Soil PH: 5.5 to 7.5
- Fertilizer Requirements: None
- Soil Type: Loamy, Avg Moisture, Well-Drained
- Germination (days): 7 to 14
- Soil Temp for Germination: 70-80°F
- Lighting Conditions: FULL SUN
- Days to Maturity: 80 – 90
- Planting Depth: 1/8”
- Distance Apart (in row): 12-18"
- Row Spacing: 18-24"
DIRECT SOW WHEN SOIL TEMPERATURE IS ABOVE 65°F
4-6 WEEKS BEFORE LAST FROST
If sown outdoors, seeds may be simply raked into a row.
If planting in cells, cover the seeds lightly with about a 1/16th - 1/8th inch of dirt.
Keep moist until germination occurs (7 - 14 days).
Cosmos are beneficial flowers to keep certain garden pests away. Used in companion planting, they will not only add a beautiful display of color to your garden but protect your other garden plants.
Pick the flowers to add as a garnish to salads or meat dishes.
Harvest Cosmos seed when the flowers head has died.
Pluck the heads off and place them into a paper bag.
Shake the flower heads in the bag to harvest the loose seeds.